Attorney Chris Trolinger
A first generation college graduate with a goal of becoming an attorney since he was in the third grade, Chris understands firsthand the value of passion and perseverance. You can feel confident that your case will benefit from that same drive. Chris focused his law school curriculum on business law. After graduating from law school, Chris practiced in a general practice law firm for eight years. During those eight years, Chris practiced in the areas of family law, criminal defense, employment law, real estate, and general civil litigation. Since that time, he has practiced almost exclusively in family law. Chris has successfully represented clients in the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Ohio Court of Claims, several state appellate courts, and numerous county courts across the State of Ohio. He is no stranger to a courtroom or to doggedly pursuing the right results for his clients.
Being a divorced father and now remarried with a blended family, Chris understands the stresses and intricacies of the legal and real world issues that our clients face on a daily basis. After having that personal experience, Chris has dedicated his career to assisting clients with their family law issues and protecting his clients’ families, assets, and interests.
Chris resides in Hilliard with his wife, three children, and dog Quinn. In his free time he enjoys music, running, playing and watching sports, visiting local breweries and distilleries, and spending time with friends and family.
2005 – University of Arkansas, B.A.
- Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Awarded the Harold Hantz Scholarship, as the most outstanding philosophy student in the Philosophy Department
2008 – The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- Awarded Arthur James Seelye Small Business Law Award for excellence in Business Law
- Chief Symposium Editor on the Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal
- Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Associations and Appellate Advocacy for perfect scores in those classes
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association-Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association-Member
- Ohio State Bar Association-Member
- Union County Bar Association –Member
- Family Law Section Chair on the board of trustees of the Ohio Association for Justice
- Super Lawyers’ Ohio Rising Stars 2014-2021
- The Ohio Association for Justice Quarterly April 2015: Cohabitation in Domestic Relations Cases Post- McGlothan (Download PDF)
- Barker v. Goodrich, 649 F. 3d 428 – Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit 2011
- Williamson v. Recovery Ltd. Partnership, 731 F. 3d 608 – Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit 2013
- IN RE LS, 60 NE 3d 9 – Ohio: Court of Appeals, 3rd Appellate Dist. 2016
- Jones v. Roberts, 2014 Ohio 2798 – Ohio: Court of Appeals, 10th Appellate Dist. 2014
- IN RE GH, 2016 Ohio 1188 – Ohio: Court of Appeals, 10th Appellate Dist. 2016
- Foor v. COLUMBUS REAL ESTATE PROS. COM, 137 Ohio St. 3d 1421 – Ohio: Supreme Court 2013
- Evert v. The Ohio State University, 2014-Ohio-5934, Court of Claims
- Grischow v. Grischow, 2019-Ohio-1856, 5th District
- Hagan v. Hagan, 2019-Ohio-51, 5th District
- J.S. v. L.S., 2020-Ohio-1135, 10th District
- Getreu v. Getreu 2021-Ohio-2761, 5th District
If you have a legal matter relating to your family or business, you can count on the legal team at Trolinger Law Offices, LLC to tailor a winning strategy to fit your circumstances and protect your interests. Contact us today to request a consultation.
The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any matter.
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with Trolinger Law Offices, LLC via the contact form or email through this website does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship. Any information that you voluntarily disclose to us through this website will not be privileged or confidential unless or until a formal consultation is conducted with Trolinger Law Offices, LLC.